How to add a field to a stack of 50 cards

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Tue Nov 18 01:07:20 EST 2003

> I have used a group as a background in my current project, but when
> adding another item to the group I get a warning that the group will be
> removed from any other cards which use it. Then I have to manually
> place the group back on the cards that Rev removed it from. Luckily,
> it's easy to do with a script from the message box, but is there a way
> to add items to a group without having Rev remove the group from the
> cards where it currently resides?

Jason -
Please be patient with me while I get real simple. I'm just trying to
understand what's going on.

When I add controls to a group, I select the group in the Application
Browser and click the "Edit Group" button in the Rev task bar (or whatever
it's called). This hides everything else on the current card and lets me do
what I want to the controls in the group, or add new ones. When I'm done I
'unclick' the "Edit Group" button and I'm back where I started. Is this
similar to your approach?

I've never had the results you've described here; how are you doing it?

Phil Davis