Save in Standalone

Pierre Bernaert pierre.bernaert at mac.com
Mon Nov 17 12:46:42 EST 2003

Hi distinguished and competent  Revolution's Gurus,

I'm following the referenced discussion because I 'm trying to solve
the same problem concerning a stack which  cards will be created by the
user.

As :
	• the users will not buy Revolution.
	• The documentation (Printed 1.1.1 version) and on line 2.1
		which are the same, are saying:
		"If the stack is a standalone application, it cannot be saved."
		"A Standalone  application can save stacks in separates files,
		but cannot save a stack in the standalone file".
	• I'm french speaking and have difficulties to understand clearly the
previous 	  sentences which are to me contradictory.

I realized, without success, a lot of test interpreting the different
meaning I could give to the second sentence.

I think a simple example saying how to save  a simple standalone  stack
, if possible or how to save the standalone substack of a (Standalone
Main Stack with a substack)  if possible, or saying clearly that there
is  no way to save  a Standalone stack or Substack application would
help.

One confusing point  for me is the fact that a stack (Or substack)
could be a .rev which means to me that running this stack needs
Revolution environment and no extension would mean that it has been
build as a standalone  application.
Am I right ??

Thanks for your help

Pierre