Help Please

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sun Nov 16 13:18:28 EST 2003

Hi Steve,

> Thanks for the quick reply Richard.
>
> The ID of the graphic is 1902.  The name I have given it is 605
>
> If I use the ID as you suggested, it does what you said it would.
> But I really need to change the background by name, or alternatively
> find the ID of the object from the name.
> I am not sure of the syntax for addressing the object by name.

 From the dox about "name":
"Caution!
Avoid naming an object with a number. Doing so may cause Revolution to
become confused by object references that specify that number, since
they
might be referring to the object by name or to a different object by
number.."

Well... ;-)

If you really have to rely on numbers for an objects name, i would
suggest to
add a little prefix like "gr" for graphic -> image "gr605"...

You get the picture...

> Thanks again

Hope that helps...

> Steve