GIF animation problem

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Fri Nov 7 17:02:45 EST 2003

On Nov 7, 2003, at 2:35 PM, Mark Powell wrote:

> Hi Graham:
>
> Have you ever seen animated GIFs overlap in any other environment?
>
> Without having tried anything like this in the past, I'd say this is
> the
> behavior that I would expect.  If two animated GIFs (or any other
> kind of
> motion graphic) were attempting to occupy common pixels within the same
> window, it seems that the OS would understandably protest.  That one
> button
> is masked behind the other perhaps doesn't "insulate" them in the same
> way
> as if they were on different windows.  I am only guessing.

I think Graham's problem does sound like a Rev bug. If the GIFs have
transparency, then they should be rendered that way, even if animated,
even if overlapping.

This test page has an animated GIF, overlapping on 2 different layers.
Safari 1.1 renders it correctly, and IE 6 does too.
<http://mindlube.com/animgif.html>

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>