revGoURL help

Paul Stary paul at starytech.com
Fri Nov 7 14:15:46 EST 2003

>At 10:22 AM -0800 11/7/2003, Paul Stary wrote:
>>This works great from within Revolution, but can't build a
>>standalone of the stack that will open a Rev stack on the remote
>>server. Don't see how that would be possible, as a Rev stack is a
>>Revolution file, and as such needs the application Revolution to
>>open it. But was hoping that building a standalone with all options
>>would provide enough of the Rev engine to work.
>>
>>What am I missing here?
>

>Make sure to include the Internet library (on the Inclusions tab in
>Step 3 of the Distribution Builder) when you're making your
>standalone and it should work.
>--
>Jeanne DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
>Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools
>~~~ Check our web site for new Revolution editions & special offers ~~~

I have always had the Internet library included, but still will not
open a Rev stack from the server using the standalone built from
stack. Stack works fine when opened in runtime.

I must be doing something wrong, as you seem to imply that it SHOULD
be possible to open Rev stacks from a remote server using the
standalone which incorporates a button with the script...

go stack "http://www.myserver.com/stacks/mystack.rev"

... assuming it is built correctly. Is there any other options in the
build process I might be missing or have set wrong?

Thanks.
--

Paul Stary
Audio-Video Engineering