Losing the amateur.

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Nov 2 21:45:06 EST 2003

>> To Scott Rossi:
>> I was and am dead keen to download Scott's Ouija stack (I love your
>> more personal work, Scott), but I ran into a few problems.
>> First, the stack appears to require Rev version 2.1, and would not
>> even download to my version 2.0.1. Couldn't these stacks be saved to,
>> for example, version 1?
>
> The stack format has not changed (ever?) I believe. Maybe not since
> metacard earlier versions. But maybe Scott uses *features* that are new
> in 2.1? Just guessing- Scott can answer of course.

Actually, I'm not sure what the effective differences are between 2.1 and
2.0.  I believe the MetaCard ownership transition falls in sometime around
the version change (I could be wrong), and since MC was always a small step
ahead of RR, I figured it was safer to recommend use of RR 2.1

As far as supporting 1.1 goes, it might be possible, but for something that
technically should *not* be run within the development environment (the
intended delivery of our stack is via our downloadable player), it's not
really worth it to me to go to this trouble for a freebie stack.  I don't
want this to come across as callous -- we already have several demo stacks
that we have available on our site free of charge, and will often post
little tidbits to the list now and then.  So if you miss out on this one,
don't worry there will be others to come.  But I would strongly encourage
use of 2.x since I believe the feature set is better than 1.x

If you have further questions/problems with our stacks, please feel free to
contact me directly -- I'll try to help where I can.

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design