referencing arrays

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Sun Nov 2 17:52:09 EST 2003

One approach:
  get ("put array" & tSomeCharacter & "[" & tKeyValue & "] into tValue")
  do it
  -- now tValue contains the value pulled from arrayN[x]

Another version of this approach:

  put arrayValue("N",tKeyValue) into tMyValue

  function arrayValue pArraySuffix, pArrayKey
    get ("put array" & pArraySuffix & "[" & pArrayKey & "] into tValue")
    do it
    return tValue
  end arrayValue

Hope this helps.