[OT] 1344 bit encryption

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sat Nov 1 21:19:53 EST 2003

If you are using Mac OS X 10.2.x (Jaguar) then you can create encrypted
disk images using the built in Disk Copy program. Just create an
encrypted disk image and it behaves like any drive. To use it just copy
files to it.

If you are using Mac OS X 10.3.x (Panther) there is an even
easier-to-use built in feature called FileVault which encrypts your
entire home directory automatically once you turn it on.

Both of these are free and available now.

I believe all you need to do for VirtualPC is to have it point to a Mac
volume which is encrypted to get your protection.

Bill Vlahos