Release 2.0r2 - Unexplained CPU usage shoots to 100% - Part 2

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri May 30 11:34:17 EDT 2003

Sorry for the cross-posting, but this is potentially a serious issue
with the new 2.0r2 release:

I've experienced this same problem, just today. Oddly enough, even
though I was working on the same stack yesterday in v. 2.0r2 it didn't
happen then. I have sent Jeanne a copy of the stack as she requested,
as well as sending a copy to the runrev folks.

These are the symptoms as far as I can determine (I'm on a Mac G4/500
with OS X 10.2.6):

Upon opening an affected stack, any time you open or close a
window--script editor, stack, message box, answer dialog-- the CPU
usage pegs out at 100% until you press Cmd-period. Then you're okay
until the next window open/close event. The condition persists even
after closing the stack, then creating a new stack--you get the same
CPU pegging out effect. But if you quit Rev and launch again, then
create a new stack the effect doesn't occur. Using an earlier version
of this same stack (about two weeks old) I don't get this effect. This
stack was developed entirely in Rev 2.0 betas and rc's.

Let's try to get to the bottom of this one quickly. I'd rather not go
about deleting the cRevGeneral custom property set in my stacks if I
can help it. If anyone can help identify when this effect is triggered,
I'm sure it'll speed up the process of tracking it down.

Thanks.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University