Books on RunRev

Danny Grizzle danny at mogulhost.com
Fri May 30 11:28:02 EDT 2003

On 5/30/03 1:38 AM, "iMP" <rooster at drizzle.com> wrote:

> That would be great! I still have your excellent HyperCard book, and
> if you can give lots of real-world examples, especially with a
> "Revolution for HyperCard people" angle, I'm sure we HC'ers would all
> line up quick.

I would be careful about tying Revolution too closely to HyperCard.

HyperCard is Apple-centric, and a failed product. Revolution needs to stand
on its own merit; the HyperCard tie-in will only serve to have it dismissed
out of hand by Windows/Linux/Unix users.

That's no way to find a broad market and thus insure continued vitality of
the Revolution platform.

A solid book on Revolution will present a new dawn. Any similarities for
HyperCard users should be self-apparent for that audience, not explicitly
noted.

The bigger problem will be reviews, which will inevitably draw comparisons.

Better be prepared with a response:

Revolution is not HyperCard.

Danny Grizzle