Develloping a registrationsystem

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Fri May 30 06:36:02 EDT 2003

Hi list,

I´ve been working on a small registration concept recently.
I´ve got a stack that generarates a registration code of 8 characters taken
from name and a codeword e.g. email adress.

Name aaaa
code aaaa
195-11205-D297267295921-F5aSa945

the counterpart to the generator is in the main stacks script.
If the registration data is correct it sets some custom properties of some
stacks in a data folder and saves them.
I can disable stolen registration codes after Updates and I ask useres to
reenter the registration data after moving the app to another location.

Now my question is:

How save is this? If you open a standalone in a word editor you might be
able to find the corresponding handler. I just testet to password protect
the stack before compiling and it seems to be o.k. I wasn´t able to find the
script in word any more.

I know that someone who is interested in hacking will probably laugh at my
lame concept. So is there anything else I can do, just to make it not to
easy?

Regards,

Malte