Download RR 2 ???

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 04:12:01 EDT 2003

--- Emmanuel Companys <mcompanys at mac.com> wrote:

> Le mardi, 27 mai 2003, à 21:15 Europe/Paris, Jan
> Schenkel a écrit :
>
> > As for your RR 1.1.1 not working, that's very
> strange
> > ; when do you get this error :
> > - at startup ?
> > - only in certain stacks ?
> > - when trying to access certain functions ?
>
> The error window keeps reporting mistakes that have
> already been
> corrected (for instance "moouseup" for "mouseup")
> and prints in red the
> words "license time exceeded".
>
> > IIRC, the licensing scheme is such that you should
> be
> > able to use *any* version of RunRev published
> before
> > the expiry date of your renewal.
>
> Besides, there is nothing wronf with my license,
> renewed last decembre:
> my code was accepted for R-R 2.0 even though there
> it couldn't be saved
>   (see my other post).
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Manuel

Hi Manuel,

Combined with your other reply, concerning the 'backup
stack file' that couldn't be written ;the conclusion
must be : file permissions.
- Are you logged in as the 'administrator' of the
machine ?
- Where are you putting the files : your own
'Applications' folder or the general one ?
- Have you checked the read/write permissions for the
directories where your files are placed ?

If my memory serves me right, there was an issue with
file permissions being set incorrectly in a version of
MacOS X ; maybe your fellow MacOS X users can point
you to the solution ?

Hope this helps clear things up,

Jan Schenkel.

=====