Is this a bug? [was: Rogue visual effect sends rev awol]

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Mon May 26 01:53:00 EDT 2003

In a message dated 26/5/03 5:49:10 AM,  I wrote:

<< This was just a guess, assuming that 'stacked' visual effects are pending
messages, and doesn't do the trick. >>

Panic over!

I was right the first time.  I found the rogue dissolve.  I used revs
wonderful find stack (duh, should have thought of that sooner).

Instead of :

Hide me with visual effect dissolve

I had:

visual effect dissolve
hide me

Now this was in the button that controls hiding and showing images, so it is
used about 60 times.  Stupidly, I hadn't noticed that the two line version
didn't invoke the visual effect.  So it seems I had racked up 60 unused visual
effects by the time the go next card button is hit.  This uses up one of the 60.
 The whole environment then contemplates the remaining 59 (one by one),
without obviously doing anything with them, then eventually gets round to using the
one that was actually in the go next card button.  Then normal service is
resumed.

2 things strike me as a bit odd

1 flushing events and pending messages didn't solve it.

2 Rev just sat on the visual effects without letting me do anything - OK, so
I was at fault in the script,  but I could have done with some useful feedback.

So, apologies to anyone who has invested cortical time in this problem.  I
report it in detail because it might help someone else who encounters this
gotcha.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">