Dial/dial tones

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon May 19 22:45:01 EDT 2003

On 5/19/03 6:04 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> I know RR/MetaCard doesn't have a 'dial' command, although I REALLY wish it
> did. What are the chances of getting such a thing?
>
> If it won't happen, I'd like to know the reason (I can always use Hypercard
> for now). Could we use the QT music tools to create dial tones?

HyperCard's dial tones are just sound resources located in the
application's resource fork. You can use a sound utility to extract them
and convert them to another sound format such as .aif or .au. Then
import them into a Revolution stack and issue the "play" command to play
each sound in the dial string.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com