window resizing and repositioning controls

Chris Sheffield cm_sheffield at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 14:19:04 EDT 2003

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying I should
have a resizeStack handler that sets "the height of
this stack" to "the height of this cd"?  If so, that
didn't work.  I put it on my Mac and the stack window
kept growing and growing.  I finally had to abort the
script.  Maybe I did something wrong?

Thanks,

--- Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> Chris Sheffield wrote:
>
> > This is somewhat related to the recent post about
> > resizing the window on the Mac when the menu bar
> > changes.  I've made it so my stack will resize
> itself
> > to the correct size on the Mac, but now all my
> > controls are in the wrong place because the
> menubar
> > that was there on Windows is not there on the Mac.
>  My
> > window resizes from the bottom, and my controls
> remain
> > where they are.
> >
> > So my question is this:  is there an easy way to
> > reposition all controls on all cards at runtime
> and do
> > it quickly?  Does anyone have a script for that?
> Or
> > am I just doing something wrong and shouldn't have
> > this problem?
>
> You should not need to move controls at runtime.
> The card is the same size
> on both platforms, just with a menugroup the stack
> is clipped at the top by
> the height of the menugroup.
>
> In your resizeStack handler, use "the height of this
> cd" rather than "the
> height of this stack" and you should be fine.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Media Corporation
>  Developer of WebMerge 2.2: Publish any database on
> any site

=====
Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally