window resizing and repositioning controls

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu May 15 12:05:01 EDT 2003

Chris Sheffield wrote:

> This is somewhat related to the recent post about
> resizing the window on the Mac when the menu bar
> changes.  I've made it so my stack will resize itself
> to the correct size on the Mac, but now all my
> controls are in the wrong place because the menubar
> that was there on Windows is not there on the Mac.  My
> window resizes from the bottom, and my controls remain
> where they are.
>
> So my question is this:  is there an easy way to
> reposition all controls on all cards at runtime and do
> it quickly?  Does anyone have a script for that?  Or
> am I just doing something wrong and shouldn't have
> this problem?

You should not need to move controls at runtime.  The card is the same size
on both platforms, just with a menugroup the stack is clipped at the top by
the height of the menugroup.

In your resizeStack handler, use "the height of this cd" rather than "the
height of this stack" and you should be fine.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation