Memory management

David Kwinter david at kwinter.ca
Mon May 12 17:44:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have 12 stacks each ~150mb used as RAM based databases using substacks,
cards, buttons, custom property sets and custom properties to organize my
data.

With my main program and one database open, my Windows XP page file is
661mb, when I open a second database, page file jumps to 969mb. I then

set the destroyStack of stack "secondDB" to true
close stack "secondDB"

The page file drops, but slowly, it takes a couple of minutes to drop to
~661mb. If my program continues before the PF has dropped, it crashes when
opening another database.

My Question: is there a way to monitor the page file size in windows XP so I
could make my program wait until the PF has shrunk, or is there a way to
expedite RAM reclamation with perhaps a third party utility someone has
found?

Thanks in advance for your advise,

David Kwinter