[OT] Flash wants standalones

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Mar 27 13:10:03 EST 2003

I will take a stab at this since I am sitting in the Keynote at the
FlashForward conference where Macromedia just did a presentation of it.
  Some interesting things from the keynote:

1) Macromedia Central will allow developers to create flash based
desktop applications on Mac and Windows.  This will far surpass what is
currently available from the Flash player.
2) Macromedia Central allows you to have your web connected apps
running like a desktop application but now a user can save data while
they are offline and then synch up with a server once they connect to
the internet again.
3) A developer can now make flash apps that people can purchase and
Central handles the trial period as well as the purchasing of the
program.  This opens up a new market for Flash application developers.

There are definitely other things but this is what stood out to me
during the Central presentation.  It looks like a really interesting
product.

Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com