RR and FileMaker

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Mar 25 17:16:01 EST 2003

The recent discussion on interfacing FileMaker and Rev has aroused my
curiosity.

I have occasion, especially at election time, to work with FileMaker.
Since I  have never been able to decipher the arcane scripting
language in FileMaker, my alternative has been to export the
FileMaker file as a text file, make my changes using Transcript in RR
and then import the altered text file back into FileMaker.

Can I assume that this is not a really dumb way to work with FileMaker?

Jim

P.S. I know there are other databases (Valentina etc.) which
interface with RR but I can't bring myself to learn yet another
complex application which I will use  only on rare occasions.

I anxiously await the database improvements in 2.0