Scripted musical notation available

erik hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 17:52:00 EST 2003

--- Luigi Di Martino <mirrorman54 at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thank you Kurt and Erik for the useful
> insights. I won't give up trying to
> get my head around how to program, although I
> fear it will take me longer
> than my patience will allow. The shakabox (beat
> machine) idea is moving me
> closer to what I'd like to do.

like learning music by way of a piece you really
like, find a program that grabs you, then use the
Developement menu > Script Debug Mode to walk
through each step keeping track of what happens
to the variables.

> Should I perhaps concentrate on the design of a
> program and find a
> programmer willing to write the code for such a
> design?

good luck. best you know something about code.

> Or perhaps someone
> can recommend me a cool book that is easy to
> understand (for dunces!)

begining: Danny Goodman's Hypertalk 2.2 effort
intermediate to advanced: "HyperTalk: The Book"
by Jeanne De Voto et.al. (spelling may vary).

=====
erik at erikhansen.org    http://www.erikhansen.org