Scripted musical notation available

Luigi Di Martino luigi.di-martino at ntlworld.com
Tue Mar 18 04:14:01 EST 2003

Hi

I've just joined the list and it was mainly, for now anyway, because of this question about Midi. I was wondering if you could answer for me if it is possible to map a midi note to another midi note. For example, can a scale be represented as midi numbers, like 64 66 68 69 etc, signifying C D E F, and then to map that to 70 72 73 as the output, for example? So an input note (the key pressed on the piano keyboard for example) gets outputted as a different note. I can see that perhaps code can be written into a standalone midi file processor and, when a midi file is imported into it, can change the output of the midi file, and these changes can be saved to another midi file. If you could help me answer this question and whether Revolution will allow me to do this I would be very grateful. I would like to get an application together that does things like this to midi files and then to take that into a sequencer. Or perhaps I can build a midi sequencer with Revolution?
As you would have gathered I am very new to programming!
Thank you
Lui

---