Supercard vs. Rev

Tuviah M Snyder diskot123 at juno.com
Sat Mar 15 09:36:04 EST 2003

>Remember, SuperCard is not xplatform, so it only has 1/2 the problems to
>account for, and it's been a long time since the last upgrade. OTOH, I
still
>wish Supercard the best. There's still room at the table.
Well Rev does support Unix. There are also a number of mac technologies
such as using QT to display all images that can't be used if it is to
remain ' write once, and run anywhere'. At least we are not as bad a Java
though, and you don't suffer because of it (ie. lowest common
denominator). We are continually adding those platform specific
technologies that people need. We are also not at the mercy of any one
technology. For example the XML stuff was not implemented using Apple's
or Microsoft's new XML parsers but by wrapping classes around a widely
available, standard and popular XML library. I don't think it's any
wonder that Apple has used KHTML in creating Safari.

JavaScript is nice, it's typeless, supports some sort of OOP, but hell to
debug with (at least it was 2 years ago). I remember building web sites
using it, and saying wow-wee look guys the little image is moving up and
down, using a timer!

Tuviah Snyder <tuviah at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>