iTunes-type alternate colored lines in scrolling list field (Jan Schenkel)

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 06:51:01 EST 2003

Hi Greg,

Now I remember what I thought afterwards I should have
added to this scenario:
- make TWO patterns, one where the white is on top and
the blue below, and vice versa.
- change the script slightly to :
  constant kPatternOneID = "456789"
  constant kPatternTwoID = "987654"
  -- better change these to the correct image IDs
  on scrollbarDrag
    put the scroll of me into tScroll
    put the effective textHeight of me into
tLineHeight
    if (tScroll MOD tLineHeight) is not 0 then
      set the scroll of me to \
          ((tScroll DIV tLineHeight) * tLineHeight)
    end if
    -- update the background pattern
    put (tScroll MOD tLineHeight) MOD 2 into tOddEven
    if tOddEven = 0 then
      set the backgroundPattern of me to kPatternOneID
    else
      set the backgroundPattern of me to tPatternTwoID
    end if
  end scrollbarDrag

Hope this cleared a few things up,

Jan Schenkel.