Bug in RR 2.0.1 ???

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 05:40:00 EDT 2003

--- Mathewson <richmond at mail.maclaunch.com> wrote:
> I have just started a stack that imports .mov files:
> as I
> am fiddling around with this I am obviously clicking
> the
> import button any number of times!!!
>
> Each time I click my button it imports another
> instance of
> my sample movie (unsurprisingly); however, I cannot
> get rid
> of these videoClips again!!!!!
>
> Bloat, bloat,bloat
>
> Now in RR 1.1.1 the application browser allowed me
> delete imported files (remember those lovely little
> buttons
> along the top???), but this does not seem possible
> in RR
> 2.0.1.
>
> Also videoClips imported in this way are not showing
> up in
> the property inspector.
>
> Help, advice, Please.......
>
> Richmond Mathewson

Hi Richmond,

First of all, go to the 'Preferences' (in the 'Edit'
menu) ; use the list on the left hand to go to the
'Application browser' prefreences.
Use the checkboxes at the top to show audio and video
clips. Now you should be able to review and remove the
video clips by using the 'Application browser' (in the
'Tools' menu)

Now that your immediate problem ought to be solved,
it's time to point out that Runtime Revolution i
deprecating the audio and videoclips in favor of the
use of players.
The question is whether or not it would be more
appropriate to leave the movies where they are (thus
allowing easier updating of their contents), than to
add to the stack size by importing them as a whole.

My advice would be : unless you _really_ need to embed
the movies, just use a player object ; fiddle its
settings to suit and change the fileName property to
point to a different movie.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====