Esperanto & Revolution

Toma Tasovac ttasovac at princeton.edu
Fri Jun 27 04:10:01 EDT 2003

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 09:23  AM, Manuel Companys wrote:

> Le mercredi, 25 juin 2003, à 21:26 Europe/Paris, Toma Tasovac a écrit :
>
>> I was thinking of writing a little Unicode tutorial anyway...
> That's a pretty good idea! It would help us

Thanks, Manuel, although I must say I am less and less confident about
my knowledge every day... :)

On Thursday, June 26, 2003, at 02:04  AM, Igor Couto wrote:

> 3) How can I put an Esperanto label on a button? Setting the textFont
> of the button to ",Unicode", and then trying to enter a label in the
> Inspector, doesn't work. Trying to set it via script doesn't work
> either. What can I do?

This is the only one I can answer right away.  The inspector is a
disaster for Unicode input, so pretty much you have to forget it.  What
you need to do is save you button labels in a utf8 encoded text file,
one label per line.  Then do the following:

on openStack
put uniencode (url "file:esperantoButton.txt", "utf8") into tTemp
set the itemDel to cr
set the label of button "Button 1" to item 1 of tTemp
set the label of button "Button 2" to item 2 of tTemp
-- etc...
end openStack

  I've just tested it with "ĉeĥa ŝaŭmanĝaĵo" and it worked fine.  Once
you import these labels from the text file and save your stack, just
get rid of the above script.  Next time you open the stack, all the
labels will be there -- displaying correctly.

Now, I will play a little more with your other questions and see if I
get anywhere.  Don't get your hopes up, though, I am not an expert,
just a total Unicode desperado... :)

All best,
Toma