new website

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 17 17:36:00 EDT 2003

Klaus Major wrote:

>> speaking as a bilingual (English & Okiebonics),
>
> ????
>
> Okiebonics???
>
> I would really love to know what language THAT is... :-)

It's called Boontling (or in Boontling simply "Boont"), one of the world's
longest-lived artificial languages, predating Esperanto.  It's spoken only
by a small community of old-timers in a northern California hamlet called
Boonville:

<http://www.avbc.com/visit/boontling.html>
<http://www.connectedtraveler.com/zeese.html>
<http://www.sjsu.edu/depts/linguistics/news/boontling.htm>

Here's a snippet:

Brightlighter 'n' eeld'm piked straightnecky moshe from Frisk to fogeater
region for buckeyin' on thribble dee, greymatterin¹ to seep fratty in the
Land of the Beeson Tree on the pike. Moshed through Boont, needeekin' 'n'
neeshyin', deekin' for frattey nooks.

Translation:

A man and his wife who lived in the city were driving their BMW through
Anderson Valley, from San Francisco to the Mendocino coast, on a three day
weekend, for a little rest and relaxation. They figured they would pass
through Anderson Valley to sample some of the local wines on the drive. They
drove through Boonville without a glance and stopped for nothing, intent on
finding the wineries and their tasting rooms.

:)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation