Columnar Reports in HC

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 01:12:02 EDT 2003

In a message dated 15/6/03 12:20:35 PM, jacqueline writes:

<< I forgot to mention this in my comparison post. HyperCard has a
"dynamic" report setting that automatically calculates how high a print
item should be when placing multiple cards on a page. If the contents of
a field are long, that print item will expand in height to accomodate
the text, even if it requires that the print item spans several pages.
If the same field on the next card contains only a small amount of text,
the print item contracts appropriately.

When you set up a columnar report the way I described and set the
template to print dynamically, each "row" in the report will be as high
as necessary to accomodate the longest cell in the row. >>

....and I used it all the time in a few projects I have been hoping to port
for a long time.  I tried to script it once , but.......

So, I am paitiently waiting to see the print tools mature to achieve this.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">
DVGlasgow </A>