revCreateXMLTree problem

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Wed Jun 11 16:41:01 EDT 2003

I am trying to play around with Amazon.com's web services stuff using RunRev, but I am running into a problem.

I can successfully ask for info on a product, using the script below, which returns XML from Amazon, but when I try to turn it into a tree, I get an script compile message, even though what I am using is basically cut and pasted from the documention, with a simple change of a variable name (I'm just using "it").

My script is:

on mouseup
  put "http://xml.amazon.com/onca/xml3?t=shinra-20dev-t=D30ZF2KL8XSF2Y&AsinSearch=B000094VMS&type=heavy&f=xml" into theURL
  --all of the above is on one line in the original script
  get url theURL
  revCreateXMLTree(it,true,true,false)
end mouseup

The error message is I get is:

     	compiling at 3:20:20 PM
Type	Expression: missing ')' before factor
Object	Button 1
Line	revCreateXMLTree(it,true,true,false)
Hint

Needless to say, I am baffled. I know that I could brute force it and just parse through the XML text, but that would spoil the fun of using the new 2.0 XML features...