Revolution 2.0.1 now available

Donald Watson hyperdon at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 9 05:32:01 EDT 2003

on 6/9/03 3:28 AM, Mathewson at richmond at mail.maclaunch.com wrote:

> 1.  ResCompare is all very fine as far as it goes but it
> presupposes the programs to be compared have resource
> forks.............

Ok, maybe not ResCompare, but something which could offer the same
functionality, that is, allow for an option to upgrade the needed files
instead of requiring a complete full download. This might enable upgrading
R/R and not have to re-enter the license key each time.

I am sure there must be a way that the upgrade could query the existing
folder for the license number. If the patch could be applied based on the
existing version, and license key the patch would apply itself.

So new users would have to dl the whole kit(s), while eligeable upgraders
would only need the patch.

> 2.  There are web browsers that allow users to continue
> downloads broken by internet disconnection.

Yep. Provided the server will allow that. In my case none of the dl's could
be continued. I have successfully picked up where I left off on other dl's
from other servers.

I think the point has been made. So in an effort to decrease the
bandwidth........

Regards,
Don