open MS Word files

Stephen Quinn Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Jun 8 12:58:00 EDT 2003

The 'gibberish' of course is the MS Word formatting.
M$ holds the formats it creates dearly to its wallet and changes them
every couple of years to keep us in line to buy new versions of
bloated software. The basic word format however has stayed the same
from W97 thru the current version, including Mac, according to MS.

I was going to suggest using Applescripts to batch-convert all the
files to .txt , but I see you're on a PC. Sorry.

I suppose it's possible to detect the version and hack out the text.
sqb

sqb