How to Inspect Rev Tools

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 02:50:00 EDT 2003

--- Dan Shafer <dan at shafermedia.com> wrote:
> The docs say (or strongly imply) that since the
> entire Rev UI is
> written in Rev, you can examine how it does things
> and even, given
> sufficient courage and backups, tweak the way the
> development
> environment works.
>
> Pray, how do I do that? I can't seem to get any of
> the Rev tool stacks
> to open in an editable or viewable way.
>
> What terribly obvious thing am I simply overlooking?

Hi Dan,

To get to everything, there are a few checkboxes to
click and menutimes to pick at your convenience.
- Menu 'View' > 'Revolution UI elements in lists'
This has two side effects : (1) the application
browser will now show the RunRev components, and (2)
the property inspector will show the RunRev custom
property sets

- Menu 'Tools' > 'Message Box'
On the 'FrontScripts' and 'BackScripts' cards, there
are checkboxes 'Show Revolution UI Front/Back Scripts'

- Menu 'Edit' > 'Preferences'
On the 'General' card, there is a checkbox 'Contextual
menus work in Revolution Windows' ; I like this one
most because I can get at things I see rather than
having to dig through the AppBrowser.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====