Stupid question about file path

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Jun 4 11:16:01 EDT 2003

You can use "put the effective filename" to get the current stacks
filepath.
For a subfolder you would do something like this:
set the itemdelimiter to slash
put item 1 to -2 of the effective filename of this stack into the
subPath
put the subPath & slash &  "NameOfSubFolder" into subPath

also when you have a standalone the defaultFolder is automatically set
to the same path.

see also :
How to... find out the location of the current stack's file
About... filename specification and file paths
defaultFolder
filename of stack