Books for Profit?

Danny Grizzle danny at mogulhost.com
Tue Jun 3 13:01:01 EDT 2003

On 6/3/03 10:19 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> The beauty of for-profit enterprise is that it identifies the intersection
> of demand and quality.

There's no such thing as a non-profit, other than legal status before the
IRS.

Things cost money. Not making a profit is dishonest, because the bills do
not get paid. Involving government only obscures & obfuscates the obvious.
Now, instead of people making intelligent choices on a case-by-case basis,
do-gooders determine the one true way in advance, and force compliance
(taxes are compulsory).

I give myself this reality check: what trick do I do so valuable to persuade
farmers to give me food?

Edward Abbey said (in Desert Solitaire, I believe - I'm paraphrasing):

"I went into the desert, seeking a vision. Three days, no food, little
water, blistering heat. Finally, the vision came - that of a magnificent
steak dinner. I headed back to town."

Danny Grizzle