Learning RR's Transcipt

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Sun Jun 1 14:24:01 EDT 2003

sez mdavidb at hotmail.com:
>I've had RR for about 10 weeks now. At 66 yrs, this is a hobby pursuit. I'm
>attempting to build a "Horserace Selection" stack. (What else?). ...
>One problem I have is - how to deal with the fractions -13/8, 100/30 etc -
>used in betting markets. A search on fractions, in the list, produces just
>one post, about the fractions used in cooking. This didn't help.  ...
>Is it my lack of knowledge, or is there a lack of specific commands, for
>manipulating numbers in RR?.
   There are plenty of commands for manipulating numbers in Transcript/RR.
The question is, exactly what sort of numerical manipulations does your HS stack
need to perform? I rather suspect that if Transcript doesn't have any
built-in functions that do what you need, it shouldn't be all that difficult to "roll
your own"... so if you could clue the rest of us in on what your needs are,
with any luck we'll be able to help you meet them.