Inexcusable? (Was Re: Rev 2.0.2 is availalble)

Donald Watson hyperdon at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 30 14:34:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 12:55 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 06:40 AM, Donald Watson wrote:
>
>> IMO, posting information about the "new license" categories for new
>> users prior to informing current customers of their change in status
>> and pricing is inexcusable.
>>
> Might I suggest this wording was a bit of an over-reaction? Doing what
> Revolution did was unwise and perhaps even thoughtless, but
> inexcusable? I hope I never fall under a judgment this harsh and
> unforgiving. I'm sure I've done a dozen things this morning that were
> closer to inexcusable than this oversight.
>
> Excuse me while I go back to work. :-)

Dan, the key phrase here was, "IMO", which is based on my relationship
so far with RR, past experiences with software venders, the phases of
the moon and other unnamed ingredients. Your opinion, of course, is
based on yours. It is conceivable then, that we can have separate and
differing opinions. IMO this is not a mere oversight. Although I
recognize the need to lure new business to RR, keeping current
customers happy ( within reason ), and aware of how these changes will
affect them should be of primary concern.

Regards,
Don