Question on .rev file format

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Jul 29 23:06:01 EDT 2003

> Monte Goulding wrote:
>
> > There was an mcRipper to save a stack as XML but I think it
> crashes 2.x. It
> > shouldn't be too hard to modify though.
>
> It is open source?

Yes. Written by Geoff Canyon. I don't have a current url but I can send you
a copy off list if Geoff doesn't chime in ;-)

> It would be nice if we could establish a pool of these sorts of goodies as
> open source so we could all update/enhance/repair them.
>
> If CSV is too limited to be able to handle binary files maybe we could
> replace it with a simpler Rev-based system that does only what we need.

I haven't used CVS but it seems to be the industry standard. I was thinking
that creating a rev based front end for CVS would be ideal. I don't think
that a Rev system would handle multiple concurrent users very well (at least
not without a great deal of work). On the other hand modelling all rev
objects in a database could result in something unique: multi-user
concurrent programming. Like an internet whiteboard but with stacks ;-)

Cheers

Monte