Universal GUI

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 28 15:37:00 EDT 2003

From: "John R. Brauer" <drjohn at wellminds.org>
<snip>
I think it makes sense to leave it there disabled. If it is gone, then
the items below it are one space higher up when I look for them, and my
muscle memory becomes a liability instead of an asset. Disabled items
are placeholders. Disabled items also tell me that I have found what I
am looking for, and it is currently disabled for some reason. If it is
gone, I may spend much time looking for it, not realizing that it is
just GONE.

Whole-heartly agree, John.

In MetaCard, a checkbox becomes "unchecked" when it is disabled. Is this
true in Rev?

Having to search thru three tabs to find the "Lock Location" checkbox is
not productive. Isn't that Fisk's Law?

Ray G. Miller
Turtlelips Productions
4009 Everett Ave.