.rev file association issues

Gary Rathbone gary.rathbone at btclick.com
Sat Jul 26 11:31:00 EDT 2003

Miscdas wrote,

> Are you sure you've done it correctly? I just checked Rev2.0.1 on Win 2000
> Pro.

Followed the instructions exactly. As I said I can get it to work with .html
and other extensions but not .rev

Also tried it on my Win 2000 Server (which doesn't have WinRAR) and your
suggestion works fine ! The association works, and the icon changes!

>Revolution did NOT appear in the list of files at step 3. (This
> appears
> to be a registration problem at installation--"well-behaved" Win apps are
> supposed to register when they install, as well as add an entry for the
> file-type association.)

Checking the registry on my XP machine there is a .rev entry in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes

Which refers only to WinRAR.

I'll have a play around with installation orders and hacking the registry.
As I said it's more of an annoyance than a major issue. I guess I could just
live with it...

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Gary