perl regex modifiers

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 26 10:03:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 10:28  PM, Dar Scott wrote:

> Remember, that is a slightly different pattern recognizer.  It will
> not work (as expected or hoped) with < in between as might be the case
> in a comparison expression or with enclosed elements.
>
> Dar

Yes I can see that. It will also not work for MTML because a part of
one element tag set can begin inside of another element tag set and end
outside of it in MTML. This was a primary issue while defending off XML
innovators several years ago when I started experimenting with it. The
PNLP handler is not effected by this problem, and at this point it is
still the fastest choice. Where I see an advantage is in some of MTML's
multimedia handling tag sets that could be easier to script with
perlRegEx.

Mark