[ANN] A Simple Primer Primer

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jul 25 22:12:01 EDT 2003

I have created a stack that I am using as the basis of my primers (and
notebooks and so on).  It is in the form of a primer that tells how to
use it as such a basis.  It is simply a little booklet of perhaps a
classic HyperCard style that one can thumb through and (presumably) try
out live examples.  The script callouts are semiautomatic.  The links
update for all pages visited.  The primer is designed to be divided
into sections with a section contents page and a primer contents page
(all manual at this point).  The stack script is empty and available.
There is real estate available on the navigation bar.  I'm taking
advantage of the last for my pending messages meter on my slowly coming
Primer on Message Mechanics.

I am making it available to all:

http://www.swcp.com/dsc/revstacks.html

This is version 1.0, dated July 25, 2003.  It is with trepidation that
I bless it with a non-zero primary version.  There is no easy way to
update primers made with this, so if you decide you want to create
something with it, you should get the latest version at the time you
start.

A few people have seen it and have noted these shortcomings:  The
contents pages are not automatically updated.  There is no easy way for
the user to take notes except to add to the primer.  There should be a
quick way to get to any page by name rather than one having to go back
to a contents page.  The page transitions can be annoying.  A
standalone created for Mac OS 9 does not quit when the stack is closed.

I hope this is helpful.

Dar Scott

****
   Dar Scott Consulting    http://www.swcp.com/dsc/    Programming