Revolution 2.0.2 the $200 beta

WIlliam Griffin bill at igame3d.com
Wed Jul 23 19:12:01 EDT 2003

> From: Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com>
> Bill, do you know your message has a hostile tone to it?

That comes across loud and clear, huh? Can you imagine the impression
the thousands of people at Macworld NY would have had last week, if I'd
bought Rev. instead of using trial Metacard for the past 30 days? "Why
is that man yelling at those folks over at the Runtime booth?"

I'm not cool about throwing money away when I don't have money to throw
away. Expensive frustrating work enviroments,  also does not make me
"Mr. Pleasant". This RSI in my elbow and shoulder  is only aggrivated
by not getting work done efficiently and moving on.

> I am guessing you are in the multi-line message box. Please make the
> distinction: single-line message box is different from the multi-line
> message box.
>
> If you are in the multi-line message box, you have to hit ENTER on a
> Mac, and on my Windows laptop it's Function-ENTER (I guess that's
> RETURN on Windows)

Nope, neither one of those message box formats and neither one of those
keys work.
I can select the different formats, but return or enter do nothing.

> From: Alex Rice <alrice at ARCplanning.com>
> (shrug) yeah RR has it's flaws. File a bug report. It hasn't stopped me
> from getting tons of work done, using it every day since October 2002
> beginning with V. 1.1.1.
But you are not using the version I'm using and my serial number will
not work
on older versions.

> BTW where the heck is this version 2.0.2 that everyone keeps referring
> to?

There is a direct link to the download, they send it to you in email
after purchase.
Maybe new users are the guinea pigs and maybe you really don't want
this version.

> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> Just for the record, I haven't seen any of the problems you report, so
> it isn't universal.

> Command keys work fine for me, find/replace works as expected in the
> script editor.
This is a preference setting, and "correct" behavior is turned off by
default.
Normally I don't mess with preferences. In this case, I went digging.

> Error dialogs appear on top. All platforms are available in
> distribution builder. And so forth.
Not for me.

> This would seem to indicate there is something different about your
> setup than there is with mine
There are 4 setups, a number of versions, and different platforms
availabe Which one do you have? the Free trial had all platforms
available for build, the one I paid for doesn't

>  There are people at Runtime available to
> help solve your problems, and I know they want to produce a solid
> product. Your input could be valuable to them. Have you tried tech
> support?

Don't they respond to this list?
My understanding of my licensed tech support is:  "Up-and-running"
technical support is provided to help get the product installed and
working properly on your system.  That to me sounds like "Drag the
application to your hard drive, double click, is it running? Ok,  great
have a nice day." I didn't expect to find several flaws in a single
sitting.

> From: Jim MacConnell <jmac at consensustech.com>
> The same sort of thing has been happening to me but I thought I was
> special.
> Also, I'm a lurking newbie so don't speak up  much.
> So, Bill... Did you pay your $200 to enable a Trial Version that
> reverted?

Nope I paid, downloaded 2.0.2, tossed the old trial into the trash,
emptied trash, then installed new version, and registered it
immediately. Did one or two simple things, seemed to work, put off my
heavy duty stuff until today, then spent today saying "huh? Why doesn't
this work? why doesn't that work? What the !!!!"

Until now I was  using trial Metacard because Revolution seemed ,
"flawed".

I apologize to all listee's for being the raging Bill...I  honestly
would rather share cool things, and when this app works right, I will.

Bill Griffin
bill at igame3d.com
www.igame3d.com