Rev 2.02/New pricing

SteelWeaver52 at aol.com SteelWeaver52 at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 09:40:01 EDT 2003

A list reader said:

>For this software to continue to be useful, I need cross-platform
>capability. Most education people and many writers, like me, use
>MacIntosh, but the majority of people who will use this dictionary
>are PC users. I have been thinking that if it went well, I could maybe
>scrape together enough to buy the SBE. With the new pricing there
>is no way I can afford to buy into cross-platform capability.

I have a few thoughts on this, in no particular order, and not
necessarily arranged coherently.

+  Perhaps a "used" Windows machine would be less costly
than that particular RunRev license required to produce
cross-platform applications.

+  Have you considered html?

+  There is some irony here.  I personally think your efforts are
important.  But apparently the product is not important enough to
your "customers" that they would be willing to exchange a few
bucks for it, and thereby support it financially.
Yet, you are disappointed in a profit-making
corporation for not giving away the fruits of their labor for free.
Wouldn't a more logical focus of your disappointment be those
who have a vested interest in your product by way of culture and
history, rather than those who have no vested interest?

---Tom Nally, New Orleans