How to make an Unclickable Check Box

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Jul 22 00:33:01 EDT 2003

I am using a check box button to indicate to the user that he is or is
not connected to the internet. on openCard, the script pings for a file
on  a particular server... if it is downloaded and is not a 404, then
the check box hilite is set to true. Problem is, I don't want the user
to be able to click the button (thereby incorrectly toggling the check
mark) Of course, one can do this:

on mouseup
   set the hilite of me to not the hilite of me
end mouseup

to preserve the button state an a click attempt... but, is there no
property that can be set that would simply not let the user click the
button (other than disabled, which dims the button.) ??

Or perhaps there is a preferred strategy to accomplish this goal other
than use of a check button...

btw, since there are a lot of new Rev users here... you may enjoy
hacking our latest simple presentation teacher's aid for "Good Conduct"
for youth.

run this in your msg box:

go stack url
"http://www.himalayanacademy.com/studyhall/yamas_niyamas/
Yamas_and_Niyamas.rev"

It demonstrates a lot of relatively simple stuff.

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org