(no subject)

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Jul 21 13:30:00 EDT 2003

Recently, "rtamesis at cox.net"  wrote:

> I want to create a gradient background for my stack without having to import
> an image for that purpose. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this? Thanks!

The easiest way would be to use a gradient image.

If you want to do it the hard way, you can create a series of rectangle
graphics whose backColors are set to progressively changing RGB values.  If
you wanted to get really complicated, you could divide the change in color
of the gradient over the distance covered by the gradient and create an
efficient number of graphics on the fly, when resizing the stack.

There may be also some kind of QuickTime filter/effect that applies a
gradient to a movie, and thus a player object (QT is pretty deep), but you'd
have to investigate this.

I would suggest using an image.

Regards,

Scott Rossi