Image recognition tool

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jul 20 12:26:00 EDT 2003

The challenge will be  that these images are not in stacks but on disk
and the duplication recognition tool reads them, fortunately they are
small.... I have yet to test the thoughtful options you all have given,
but also,  that the duplicates are not copies of some other images done
by copying the file. It is a second processed image e.g.:

_ Take hi-resolution image A from camera and store in archive I.

_ Process hi-resolution image A from archive and process with Image
ready to small jpg: call it image B then  Store in archive II

_  later (let's say a month or more) someone else goes into Archive I,
finds image A again and it is processed a second time, using exactly
the same parameters, scale and jpg quality, to a small image, call it
image C and stored in Archive II with a different file name.

OK now image B and C will look exactly the same on screen, but to what
extent their binary data will be a precise match, given that they were
processed at different times, even though they came from the same
original... we will see.