me - the potential buyer

Ryno Swart swartart at iafrica.com
Fri Jul 18 12:10:00 EDT 2003

> What has stopped me dead in my tracks is that I can't seem to learn the
> program. As a newcomer, I can tell you that the online help system
> stinks - not enough examples, not enough detail in the
> vocabulary/syntax areas, and a vaporware manual. Try finding how to use
> the debug feature of the program. This may sound silly to you
> experienced folks, but I'm an intelligent and capable learner, really
> working to learn the product, and it's a quagmire.

That took a bit of guts, John. I find myself in the same position, well
not age-wise... Just short of 60, I have been teaching myself
Javascript (still learning), and Photoshop and Illustrator, and now the
viola, and I see myself as perfectly intelligent, but there are some
things I just cannot get to work. The list is brilliant, but it is a
bit intimidating to ask really ground level questions, and particularly
to ask them over and over until you get some darn thing not just to
work, but to sing. I'm hoping revSchool might help in encouraging lots
of questions, otherwise maybe some kind of list for smart dunces.

Ryno.
http://artistvision.org