Rev 2.02/New pricing

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Jul 18 09:40:01 EDT 2003

On Friday, July 18, 2003, at 04:27  AM, Martin Baxter wrote:

> I've seen it reported in these lists several times that e.g. windows
> standalones created on a mac will take longer to startup than the same
> thing built on the target platform, because the internal scripts or
> what-have-you have to be translated to the local format at runtime each
> time the program runs. And therefore it has been recommended to build
> on
> the target platform if possible.

Yes. Well. Erm... I never said the bytes were in the same _order_, just
that they were the same. ;-)

In reality, for most apps this has no consequence. Functionality should
be identical. The translation happens transparently, and except in the
case of _large_ quantities of text is extremely fast. Anyone have a
benchmark?

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com