Rev 2.02/New pricing

Malte Brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Fri Jul 18 07:58:01 EDT 2003

Hi list,

here is my two Euro-cent on this topic.
I think that many people will miss the free starter kit, as it had one relly
huge advantage over a 30-days trial.

>>time<<

You probably might know this scenario:
You want to try a new piece of Software. You Download the 30-days trial
installer, install it play around for a day or two and suddenly you get
really busy with your job, girlfriend, kids or whatever...
You open up the program you wanted to give a testdrive and get a nice
dialogue box saying that the demo expiered...

What would you do? Go and buy the programm?
I guess I wouldn´t.

Next point. Open the 30-days trial without a printed book, don´t know where
to start without a multimedia background. Get frustrated within the first 2
days. Open up again after a period of time -> Demo expiered.

IMHO a 30 days trial does only make sense if it counts the effective days of
use, not the installation Date.
How will this be in the new version(s) of Revolution?

I really understand that RunRev need to make their living.
I also think the pricing is fair.

But I guess with the new limitations Revolution looses a lot of its
sexappeal and the small "inconveniences" will be a bit harder to swallow for
new potential purchasers.
So I guess without a really good promotion concept and 3rd party books the
userbase won´t grow.

The new concept lacks simplicity and the charme I loved about Rev.
Develop once, debug, test and publish anywhere.
And due to the lack of localized versions many people (on the geman market
at last) might consider other tools...

I´m not complaining. Just thinking a lot.

Regards,

Malte