Rev 2.02/New pricing

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Jul 18 00:11:00 EDT 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 12:10  PM, miscdas at boxfrog.com wrote:

> Excuse me?  The Starter Kit was already THE option for hobbyists!
> So, in the single OS versions, do we get a slimmed-down engine
> optimized for that OS? If we can develop only for one OS, why carry
> all the unused (and unusable) baggage for the others?
> Also, I can accept readily all the bugs in a Free version, but they're
> very hard to swallow in a paid version. (And please, don't tell me
> what a comparatively small bug count Rev has; it's really irrelevant.)

The Starter Kit was great for anyone who had the open-mindedness to
look beyond the popular conception of what can be done in ten lines of
code and the perseverance to work within the actual confines of that
limit.

Ten lines of code is a very fuzzy limitation, because you can't know
ahead of time how clever you'll be at building within that limit, and
you can't even have a marginally accurate conception until you've used
Revolution extensively.

The limitations on Express, on the other hand, are conceptually clean
and simple; anyone can grasp what they're getting without any
experience of Revolution at all.

Finally, bugs are always hard to swallow, but I find it's much easier
with a nice chocolate sauce ;-)

Seriously -- _no_ product is bug-free. Revolution works hard to move
toward that unattainable goal.

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com