Rev 2.02/New pricing

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 17 17:54:00 EDT 2003

On 7/17/03 5:26 PM, curry wrote:

> Well, after considering for a while and after reading what other people
> said, the new model doesn't seem so terrible. I'm sure my first reaction
> to the news was too dramatic and things will be okay. :-)
>
> At first glance it looked pretty scary, but then finally I realized that
> it might not affect existing customers all that much. So I think there
> was no need for the boat analogy! Sorry about that.
>
> (However, I do still strongly oppose the "Made with" screen idea. Not
> because I don't want to promote Rev, but the place for that is in the
> About box and ReadMe. The problem with the promo screen is that it makes
> your finished software, if you do shareware or commercial software, look
> less professional. And that doesn't help anyone.)
>
> But I'd like to know, what to others think about the Studio edition? To
> me, it just doesn't seem useful to do other platforms without being able
> to edit.

I guess the way I'd handle this would be to buy a studio license for one
platform and also an express copy for your second platform. This will
allow you to edit stacks on both operating systems. Once you know the
stack is working okay in both places and you are ready to build your
standalone, build them both with the studio edition, which will build
for any platform and doesn't include the Rev "made with" screen.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com